Airbus Helicopters Canada is looking to recognize outstanding achievement in the rotary wing industry and is accepting nominations from aviation industry professionals for the 2017 ‘Innovation in Safety Award’.
This award was established as a point of reference to measure the accomplishments of organizations or individuals in sustaining Canadian helicopter safe flying practices, while employing an exceptional or ground breaking approach. This award is a testimony to the high degree of professionalism and innovation found in today’s Canadian rotor wing operations.
The ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ will be presented to the nominee whose exceptional or ground breaking approach has demonstrated an impact on the overall goal of safe flying procedures, as recognized through the analysis of skill development, training and any additional resources, while sustaining helicopter safe flying practices.
As in previous years, the winner(s) will be selected by a committee of industry professionals. The award ceremony will take place during the Helicopter Association of Canada’s annual conference, November 9th – 11th in Ottawa, ON. The award recipient will receive a cash prize of $10,000 CAD in addition to recognition from the industry.
- Be a Canadian-owned organization, group, company, agency or individual resident of Canada.
- Have a lifelong career in helicopter flying and training minimum 25 to 30 years, without any accidents. Professionalism and safe flying experience demonstrates a remarkable example for future helicopter pilots.
- Demonstrate a commitment and exceptional dedication to Canadian rotor wing operational safety over an extended period of time (three years or longer).
- Have successfully completed a program or research project that has had a significant impact on safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
- Show an outstanding act, effort, contribution or service to safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
Deadline for submission is October 6, 2017
Please email completed applications to:
Director, Public Relations & Corporate Affairs