Airbus Helicopters Training
Through a combination of experience, insight and the latest technology, Airbus Helicopter Canada Limited provides the highest level of training to the pilots and maintenance technicians who operate our aircraft.
The training organization is a diverse and highly qualified group that also enjoys full access to Airbus Helicopters’ program teams in France and Germany.
Airbus Helicopters Canada’s primary objective is to provide quality training, to enables our customers to fly and maintain their aircraft to the highest standards.
Please refer to the Documents & Forms page for Current Standard Conditions of Sale
Airbus Helicopters Canada training facilities include:
- BCIT Aerospace Technology Campus (Richmond, British Columbia)
- Airbus Helicopters Canada (Fort Erie, Ontario)
- Airbus Helicopters Inc. (Grand Prarie, Texas)
Web-based training programs are also available.
Airbus Helicopter Pilot and AME training courses taught by Airbus Helicopters Canada instructors include:
- H120, AS350 B2, B3 and EC130 B4 airframe courses
- Arriel (1 & 2) and Arrius (2F) Safran engines courses
- Pilot transition and recurrency courses
At Airbus Helicopters Canada, safety is and always has been the number one priority.
As part of its policy of improving fleet safety, Airbus Helicopters continues to establish new flight simulator facilities all over the world, which enhances the quantity and quality of the training solutions offered to customers by positioning the company closer to their operations. The availability of flight simulators increases fleet safety.
At the American Airbus Helicopters there is a full range of simulator-based systems available for pilots and crews that offer highly realistic and cost-effective training on its helicopter product line.
The simulators utilize a data package based on actual Airbus Helicopters flight test data to achieve high training fidelity.
Training devices include:
- Full-motion AS350 flight and mission simulator: An excellent training environment for both pilots and crews
- Full-motion EC135/EC145 flight training device: With day, night, IFR and NVG capabilities
- The portable AS350 B3 procedural training device: for practice in operational (start-up, shut down, radio and systems) and emergency procedures
These simulators and procedural trainers are located at Airbus Helicopters’ training center in Grand Prairie, Texas.