Our Pilot Training courses are tailored to the individual needs of our customers, and have been developed by incorporating best practice from Airbus Helicopters’ test pilots and operational experience from major fleet operators.
Airbus Helicopters Canada provides initial transition and recurrency courses to pilots who hold a valid private helicopter pilot certificate.
Ground school, flight training and simulator training are designed with an operational ‘real world’ approach and course content includes the latest technical and most up-to-date information on our helicopters.
We provide both Initial Transition courses and Recurrent courses. Our ‘in-aircraft’ pilot courses will develop the pilot’s skill-set to conduct flight operations safely and efficiently. These courses also develop the pilot’s decision-making abilities, both preflight and in-flight, through a challenging real-world scenario-based curriculum.
Airbus Helicopters Canada’s Transition Ground School covers the following subjects:
- Aircraft Systems Integration
- Emergency and Abnormal Procedures
- Autopilot (where applicable)
- Cockpit Displays and Controls
- Performance planning and charts
- Weight and Balance
- Aircraft Flight Manual
- Preflight/Post flight Checks
- Night rating
Students are tested with a closed-book final examination, which covers aircraft systems, limitations and weight and balance sections. Students must achieve a score of 70% in order to receive a Certificate of Completion.
Airbus Helicopters Canada’s training center offers initial training courses based on a minimum of three people.. Quoted prices are per student. Courses may be available upon request and depending on instructor’s availability.
Airbus Helicopters Canada’s training center also offers on-site training in your helicopter with the flight instructor traveling to a location of your choice.
The cost of off-site training is based on the following flat fee basis and a maximum of five students, $2,200.00 per day within Canada, plus travel expenses.
VEMD training app for the AS350 B3
The VEMD training app is an immersive and interactive training aid which turns any Android, iPad and iPhone mobile device into a realistic Vehicle and Engine Multi-function Display (VEMD).
- Two modes of operation: Free Play and Information
- Realistic flight scenarios along with access to different modes and pages
- Simulation of flight failures
- Immersive and realistic graphics
- VEMD functionality as it relates to the AS350 B3 2B1
For more information on pilot training, please contact:
- Saundra Cocroft at saundra.cocroft[at]airbus.com or call (905) 994-2941
|EC120 B – Pilot Training|
*Courses available upon request.
|AS350 – Pilot Training|
* Price includes fuel for training in Fort Erie on customer aircraft