Airbus Helicopters Canada is looking to recognize outstanding achievement in the rotary wing industry with the 5th Annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’.
- Canadian rotorcraft professionals recognized for outstanding achievement
- Nominations for the ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ are now open
Fort Erie, ON, 21 June, 2016 –The winner of this year’s ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ will be selected, once again, by a committee of industry professionals. The award ceremony will take place during the Helicopter Association of Canada’s annual conference, November 10th -14th in Edmonton, Alberta. The award recipient will receive a cash prize of $10,000.00 CAD in addition to recognition from the industry.
“Airbus Helicopters‘ chief priority is to support flight safety for the thousands of men and women who are transported in aircraft every day,” said Romain Trapp, President, Airbus Helicopters Canada. “Carrying out this commitment across Canada are the people we want to honor with this award.”
The Innovation in Safety Award was established as a point of reference to measure the advancements and accomplishments of organizations and individuals working to uphold Canadian helicopter safe flying practices, while employing an exceptional or ground-breaking approach. This award is a testimony to the high degree of professionalism and innovation found in today’s Canadian rotor wing operations.
The award will be presented to the nominee who has demonstrated an impact on the overall goal of safe flying procedures, as recognized through the examination of skill development, training and additional resources, while sustaining Canadian helicopter safe flying practices.
To be eligible, nominees must:
- Be a Canadian-owned organization, group, company, agency or individual resident of Canada.
- Have a lifelong career in helicopter flying and training minimum 25 to 30 years, without any accidents. Professionalism and safe flying experience demonstrates a remarkable example for future helicopter pilots.
- Demonstrate a commitment and exceptional dedication to Canadian rotor wing operational safety over an extended period of time (three years or longer).
- Have successfully completed a program or research project that has had a significant impact on safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
- Show an outstanding act, effort, contribution or service to safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
The 2016 ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ application is located on the Airbus Helicopters Canada website at: https://www.airbushelicopters.ca/innovation-in-safety-award-2016
Deadline for submission is October 9, 2016
Please email applications to:
Laura Senecal – Director, Public Relations & Corporate Affairs
About Airbus Helicopters Canada (www.airbushelicopters.ca)
Airbus Helicopters Canada is a subsidiary of Airbus Helicopters and a leading supplier of helicopters in Canada. Our helicopters are used across the country in key parapublic and civil roles which include: law enforcement, emergency medical services, oil & gas, mining, firefighting, hydroelectric utilities, environmental surveys, tour and corporate transport. Airbus Helicopters was established in Fort Erie, Ontario in 1984 and has additional operations in Richmond, British Columbia and Mirabel, Quebec as well as a support and customer service network in place to support a fleet of over 690 helicopters in the country. The company recently celebrated over 30 years of success in Canada.
About Airbus Helicopters (www.airbushelicopters.com)
Airbus Helicopters, a division of Airbus Group, provides the most efficient civil and military helicopter solutions worldwide. Its in-service fleet includes nearly 12,000 helicopters operated by more than 3,000 customers in 154 countries. Airbus Helicopters employs more than 22,000 people worldwide and in 2015 generated revenues of 6.8 billion euros.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: + 33 (0)4 42 85 98 92
Mob: + 33 (0)6 73 82 11 68
Tel: + 613 230 3902
Mob: + 905 321 7738