Call to nominate Canadian rotorcraft professionals for outstanding achievements
Fort Erie, ON, 18/25/2018 – As in previous years, the winner(s) of the Innovation in Safety Award will be selected by a committee of industry professionals. The award ceremony will take place during the Helicopter Association of Canada’s annual conference, November 3rd in Vancouver, BC. The award recipient(s) will receive a cash prize of $10,000 CAD in addition to recognition from the industry.
“Airbus Helicopters’ chief priority is to support flight safety for the thousands of men and women around the world who are transported in aircraft every day,” said Romain Trapp, President, Airbus Helicopters Canada. “With this award, Airbus Helicopters’ purpose is to nurture the development and growth of safety initiatives that actively contribute to the aviation industry’s key rotorcraft safety goals.”
The Innovation in Safety Award was established as a point of reference to measure the advancements and accomplishments of organizations and individuals working to uphold Canadian helicopter safe flying practices, while employing an exceptional or ground-breaking approach. This award is a testimony to the high degree of professionalism and innovation found in today’s Canadian rotor wing operations.
The award will be presented to the nominee who’s exceptional or ground breaking approach has demonstrated an impact on the overall goal of safe flying procedures, as recognized through the analysis of skill development, training and any additional resources, while sustaining helicopter safe flying practices.
To be eligible, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian-owned organization, group, company, agency or individual resident of Canada.
- Have a lifelong career in helicopter flying and training, minimum 25 to 30 years, without any accidents. Professionalism and safe flying experience demonstrates a remarkable example for future helicopter pilots.
- Demonstrate a commitment and exceptional dedication to Canadian rotor wing operational safety over an extended period of time (three years or longer).
- Have successfully completed a program or research project that has had a significant impact on safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
- Show an outstanding act, effort, contribution or service to safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
The 2018 ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ application is located on the Airbus Helicopters Canada website at: https://www.airbushelicopters.ca/innovation-in-safety-award-2018/
Deadline for submission is September 21st, 2018
Please email applications to:
Laura Senecal, Director, Public Relations & Corporate Affairs – firstname.lastname@example.org
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Laura Senecal 905-321-7738 email@example.com