Airbus Helicopters Canada
Fort Erie Facility Guide
Health & Safety Guide
- Your I.D./visitor badge must be clearly visible at all times on Airbus property
- Please adhere to all safety signs posted throughout the building and follow all guidelines
- Unless otherwise instructed, visitors must be accompanied at all times by an Airbus employee
- Please stay within the yellow lined walkways when on the production shop floor. Safety shoes are not required within the yellow lines; however, some areas (where posted) require safety glasses
- No open-toed shoes, sandals or high heeled shoes allowed on the production floor, even within the yellow lines
- Once you leave the yellow lined walkway, safety shoes and safety glasses are required
- Emergency Evacuations: All visitors must meet at zone 0 (white building in the parking lot) and check in with security. Do not leave the property or re-enter the building until instructed to do so by Airbus management or emergency personnel
Airbus is a smoke free workplace. Smoking is not permitted inside the building or around the perimeter of the building. A designated smoking area is available in the parking lot
Welcome to the AHCA Fort Erie Facility
Airbus is the world’s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer, and is the leading supplier of civil helicopters used in North America.
Airbus has been a proud member of Canada’s aerospace industry since 1984. Headquartered in Fort Erie, Ontario with a team of approximately 250 employees, Airbus Helicopters Canada also has sales support across the country and a 24/7 customer service network in place to support the fleet of more than 220+ operators and 760+ helicopters flying throughout Canada.
Our Fort Erie facility is a Centre of Excellence for engineering and composite manufacturing and is the sole source supplier for 8 different platforms, supplying various components and assemblies for helicopters flying all over the world. Airbus Helicopters’ activities in Canada are focused in five primary areas: Aircraft Sales & Deliveries, Composite Manufacturing, Repair & Overhaul, Supplemental Type Certificates / Options Development, and Support & Services.
Across Canada, we provide aircraft for various sectors and roles such as law enforcement, emergency medical services, oil and gas, mining, firefighting, search and rescue, forestry, and environmental surveys, in addition to passenger transport, corporate and private business aviation. Key operators include Canadian Helicopters, Great Slave Helicopters, Mustang Helicopters, RCMP, OPP, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and STARS.
Airbus’ main priority is to ensure the safe operation of its aircraft for the thousands of people who together fly more than three million hours a year globally.