Fort Erie, ON, 7 August 2019 – As part of celebrating 35 years of operations in Canada, Airbus will present the 2019 Innovation in Safety Award at this year’s Helicopter Association of Canada’s annual conference on November 16th in Vancouver, BC. The award recipient(s) will receive a cash prize of $10,000 CAD in addition to recognition from the industry.
“Our priority has always been to recognize the advancements and accomplishments of Canadian organizations and individuals dedicated to rotary-wing safety,” said Romain Trapp, Head of Airbus Helicopters North America. “This award is a testimony to the importance of safety and the extraordinary degree of professionalism and innovation found in today’s Canadian helicopter operations.”
The award will be presented to the nominee(s) whose innovative approach has demonstrated an impact on the overall goal of rotary-wing safe flying practices, as recognized through the analysis of skill development, training and any additional resources.
The winner of the Innovation in Safety Award will be chosen through a committee selection process. Past recipients include Geoff Goodyear – President of Universal Helicopters, Paul Spring – President of Phoenix Heli-Flight, Blackcomb Aviation, B.C. Hydro and most recently, Niagara Helicopters.
To be eligible nominees must be a Canadian-based organization, group, company, agency or individual resident and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have a career in helicopter flying, training and maintenance – minimum 20 years, without any accidents.
- Display professionalism and safe flying experience, demonstrating a remarkable example for future helicopter pilots.
- Demonstrate a commitment and exceptional dedication to Canadian rotor wing operational safety.
- Have successfully instituted a program or research project that has had a significant impact on safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
- Show an outstanding act, effort, contribution or service to safety in the Canadian rotary- wing industry.
The 2019 ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ application is located on the Airbus Helicopters Canada website. Deadline for submission is October 15th, 2019
Please email applications to email@example.com.
* * *
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.